These flavours blend together seamlessly and can be spiced up by adding paprika or any herbs of your choice.
- 4 large potatoes
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 80 g streaky rindless bacon
- ½ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (? cup) Spur Cheddamelt Sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 1 ml (pinch) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 ml (50 g) grated cheddar
- Boil potatoes until soft. Halve, scoop out flesh and lightly mash.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry bacon until starting to crisp.
- Add onion and sauté for about two minutes. Add mashed potato and remaining ingredients, except cheese. Spoon into potato hollows and top with grated cheese.
- Place in a 180°C preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- Lightly blanch 100 g broccoli florets and add to filling.