IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS WITH THESE DREAMY CUPCAKES,
FILLED WITH DELECTABLE CHOCOLATE.
- 180 g butter or margarine, softened
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 310 ml (1.25 cups) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 50g chopped nuts (optional)
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 100 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh cream
- 15 ml (1Tbsp) butter or margarine
- Line and grease a 24 cm loose-bottom round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until light and creamy. Add essence.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together.
- Add dry ingredients, alternating with Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing, to produce a creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Turn out batter into prepared pan. Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or until baked through and skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly in pan. Turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate slightly. Add cream and butter and melt further over low heat until completely melted. Cool for 30 minutes before spooning over cake.
- Grate 50 g (½ slab) mint crisp chocolate over icing for a delicious mint flavour.