A GREAT DISH TO BE ENJOYED BY THE WHOLE FAMILY.
GOES PERFECTLY WITH OUR SPINACH SALAD.
- 125 ml (½ cup) cake flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) wholewheat flour
- 200 ml (¾ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 80 g butter or margarine
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive or cooking oil
- 4 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes in liquid, drained and coarsely chopped
- 200 ml (¾ cup) sachet Spur Cheddamelt or Spur Pepper Sauce
- 80 ml (? cup) milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) mixed herbs
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
- Base: Mix all ingredients into a soft dough in a food processor or by hand. Press into base and sides of a greased 24 cm quiche pan.
- Filling: Heat oil in heavy-based pan. Saute leeks and garlic for a few minutes until soft. Remove from heat and set aside. Add tomatoes and spoon into base.
- Whisk cheese sauce, milk, eggs, herbs, sugar and seasoning together and pour over leeks and tomatoes in base.
- Sprinkle over Parmesan cheese and bake at 180°C for 30–40 minutes or until set. Serve warm and cold with a salad.