Try these crispy crumbed mushrooms dipped in your favourite Spur Sauce or Dressing.
- 200g button mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cake flour
- 2 extra large eggs, beaten
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing or Sweet Chilli Dressing
- 500ml (2 cups) dried breadcrumbs
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or 15ml (Tbsp) dried
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- Wipe the mushrooms with kitchen paper and trim the stalks slightly.
- Dip the mushrooms one by one into the flour, then the beaten egg whisked together with Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning together. Coat mushrooms in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat, and fry the mushrooms in batches for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve warm with Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing or Sweet Chilli Dressing.
- Place crumbed mushrooms in fridge for at least 30 minutes before deep-frying. This will prevent crumbs from falling off while frying.
- Substitute the button mushrooms with Portabellini mushrooms.