QUICK, EASY AND PRETTY AS A PICTURE, THESE
LITTLE NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSES ARE GREAT
FOR A GRAB-AND-GO BREAKFAST OR A LIGHT
- 125 g rindless streaky bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 200 ml Spur Cheddamelt Sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- Spur Seasoning Salt, to taste
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the bacon until lightly crisp and drain on paper towel.
- Whisk the eggs, Spur Cheddamelt Sauce, milk and Spur Seasoning Salt together. Add spring onions and cheese. Pour mixture into muffin pan or ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Substitute the bacon with sausages, such as cheese grillers or smoked viennas.
- Substitute the spring onions with 45 ml (3 Tbsp) chopped fresh chives.
- Add 50 g chopped sundried tomatoes and 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar.
- Dress with chives, cottage cheese and sweet chilli sauce and serve as an entrée.