ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS TREAT FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER – SAVOURY OR SWEET, IT’S UP TO YOU.
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Sweet Chilli Dressing
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 8 slices white bread
- Salt to tast
- Whisk eggs, salt, milk and Spur Sweet Chilli Dressing together.
- Cut bread slices into desired shapres (e.g. heart, triangles, circles) and dip into the egg mixture
- Heat butter and oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. fry egg-dipped bread slices until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towel.
- Layer three slices with cream cheese and strawberry slices and finish off with a drizzle of syrup or honey.
- Turn this dish into a savoury one by topping it with bolognaise or a savoury spread like our biltong dip.
- Enjoy with fried bacon and mashed banana.