A spicy and sweet flavour takes these wings to the next level.
ingredients HICKORY AND CRANBERRY BASTING SAUCE
- Place chicken wings in a container.
- Basting sauce: Mix all the ingredients together and pour over wings. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for about 4 hours, or overnight if preferred.
- Place wings on grid over moderate coals or under oven grill. Grill for 12–15 minutes until golden brown. Turn frequently and baste with sauce.
- Serve wings with a salad such as coleslaw, or with any dip of your choice.
- For a spicy marinade, add: 3 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin, 2 ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger and 2 ml (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon.