These skewers are perfect as a snack or starter, and of course will please the vegetarians.
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into wedges
- Thread mushrooms, tomatoes and pineapple pieces onto wooden skewers. Place the skewers on a rack, or over an oven pan.
- Basting sauce: Mix all the ingredients together and brush the skewers frequently with basting.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side or until the mushrooms are soft and browned. Serve warm and garnish with fresh herbs, such as rosemary.
- Soak the wooden skewers for about 30 minutes in water to prevent them from burning when grilled.