- Marinade: Heat the cooking oil in a heavy-based saucepan and sauté the garlic and ginger. Add the curry powder and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the apricot jam, Spur Grill Basting Sauce, sugar, vinegar, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Thread the pork cubes, onion pieces and apricots alternately onto skewers. Pour over marinade and leave to marinate for about 6 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Place skewers over moderate coals for about 10 minutes on each side or under the oven grill, turning and brushing with marinade until cooked through.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve with the cooked satays.
- The pork can be substituted with beef, chicken or lamb.
Note that Turkish apricots are softer and therefore suitable for grilling. Everyday apricots are likely to dry out or burn when grilled.