Full of flavour and health benefits–a great veggie dish to satisfy vegetarian palates!
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 250 g Portobellini button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 300 g fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 150 g feta cheese
- 200 ml (1 sachet) Spur Cheddamelt or Spur Cheese Sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh mixed herbs or 10 ml (2 tsp) dried
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri-Peri Seasoning
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and Durky Sauce and sauté until soft.
- Add mushrooms and heat until just soft. Set aside.
- Wash spinach well, add to pan and heat until starting to soften.
- Mix with the mushrooms and onion, and spoon onto base of a greased 24 cm ovenproof dish.
- Crumble feta cheese and sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Whisk together the Spur Cheddamelt Sauce, milk, eggs, herbs, Spur Seasoning Salt and Lemon & Peri-Peri Seasoning.
- Pour over the feta in dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 160 °C for about 40 minutes or until set and it becomes golden brown. Serve warm.
- Substitute the spinach and mushrooms or any other vegetables of choice for 125 g chopped rindless bacon, and 125 g cherry tomatoes.