Easy and quick to prepare – bread-crumbed chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese, baked to perfection. A crunchy, creamy delight!
- Cut a pocket into each chicken fillet.
- Wrap the cheese with ham, as this helps to stop the cheese from melting out, and place inside the pockets.
- Close and secure the pocket with two toothpicks.
- Roll in flour mixed with Spur Texas Seasoning and Spur Seasoning Salt.
- Whisk the egg and Spur Salad Dressing together. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to an oven tray and drizzle or spray with oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and cut into slices.
- Serve with warm Spur Cheddamelt Sauce.
- You can use any cheese and seal with extra toothpicks.
- If you do not like cheese melting out, use a hard cheese like Emmental.
- Pan-frying the chicken is an alternative to oven-baking it.
- Instead of making a pocket for filling with ham and cheese, flatten the chicken, layer ham and cheese and roll into a log.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or chopped red peppers, if preferred.