These beefed up mushrooms are delicious and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 4 large brown mushrooms (1 punnet)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Seasoning
- Cooking oil for frying
- 250 g Barbeque Savoury Mince
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) grated Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or rocket
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Wipe the mushrooms with kitchen paper. Cut the stems off mushrooms, chop coarsely and return to the centre of mushroom.
- Place mushrooms on baking tray. Top each with a slice of butter, oil, Spur Durky Sauce and Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Seasoning.
- Heat Barbeque Savoury Mince slightly and spoon on top of each mushroom. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place mushrooms in oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley or rocket and serve warm.
- Substitute the large mushrooms with any bread roll or toasted bread slice