Enjoy something delicious from the land and the sea. Grill the steak then top with any seafood, such as shrimp or mussels.
- 12 large uncooked mussels, (about 250 g)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dry white wine
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- ½ medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or 10 ml dried
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Chutney Spice
- Combine the salt, garlic and oil. Rub steaks on both sides with the mixture.
- Grill the steaks for 4 – 5 minutes per side over warm coals or in a griddle pan until medium-done. During last grill, brush with Spur Grill Basting.
- Mussels: Scrub mussels clean under running water. Place mussels with wine or water if preferred, in a heavy-based saucepan, or pot over coals or on stove. Cover and cook for a few minutes until shells opened and mussels are just done.
- Remove mussels and most of the mussel water.
- Add butter, onion, Spur Durky Sauce, parsley and Spur Chutney Seasoning.
- Simmer for a few minutes until onion is soft. Return mussels, heat through, adding some mussel water if necessary.
- Spoon over steak and serve warm.
- If mussel sauce in pot is too runny, just thicken with a little flour and water.