For all those vegetarians, this is a delicious meal to rustle up – packed with lots of flavour.
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) cake flour
- 1 ml (pinch) salt
- 1 extra large egg
- About 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- Cooking oil, for frying
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 g spinach, coarsely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, broken into chunks
- 30 g (about 6) peppadews or 1/2 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh oreganum/thyme or 5 ml (1 tsp) dried
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 ml (1 sachet) Spur Cheese Sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated Cheddar cheese, optional
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Pancakes: Sift the flour and salt together. Whisk the egg, water and Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing together. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and lump free. Leave the batter to stand for about 10 minutes before using. If batter is too thick, add a little water.
- Lightly oil and heat a heavy-based frying pan, about 20 cm in diameter. Pour about 80 ml of batter into the pan to cover the base. Fry until light brown on both sides. Continue with remaining batter and set pancake aside.
- Filling: Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and saute until soft.
- Add the spinach and heat through until it softens. Add feta, peppadews, oreganum, Spur Seasoning Salt and pepper.
- Fill the pancakes and roll up and place in a large ovenproof dish
- Topping: Mix Spur Cheese Sauce and milk. Pour the sauce over the pancakes and top with extra cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes. Serve warm and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Add 125 g button mushrooms, sliced.
- Add 100 ml (1/2 sachet) Spur Tomato & Chilli Sauce.