A slightly different take on mushrooms, but very tasty and an easy addition to any meal. These also cook beautifully on the braai.
- 4 large brown mushrooms (1 punnet)
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme or 10 ml dried (2 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make a few small cuts in the large stems of each mushroom and place in a container.
- Marinade: Whisk all the ingredients together. Pour over the mushrooms and leave to marinate for about 4 hours.
- Place the mushrooms on an oven tray, drizzle with the marinade and bake in oven for about 10 minutes. Serve warm and garnish with thyme.
- Substitute Spur Durky Sauce with Spur Grill Basting