The return of an old-favourite!
- 7 extra-large eggs
- 500 g boerewors
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Spur BBQ Sauce
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Meat Spice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- Boil 6 eggs for about 5 minutes until medium. Peel and cool.
- Remove meat from boerewors casing. Combine with Spur BBQ Sauce, Spur Seasoning Salt and Spur Meat Spice.
- Roll each egg in flour, then gently wrap in the meat mixture. Coat the meat-wrapped egg in flour, then lightly beaten egg and lastly breadcrumbs. Leave to set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 9 cm oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Gently drop the scotch eggs in the oil and continue turning until golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel. Serve warm or cold.