THIS SAVOURY TIME-SAVER CAN BE ENJOYED IN MANY GUISES. STIR THROUGH PASTA, FOLD IT INTO A PITA OR SPOON ONTO FRESH TOAST. YUM!
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur BBQ Sauce or Spur Peri-Peri Sauce
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Texas Steak Spice
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh, chopped basil
- Heat oil in a small, heavy-based saucepan. Add mince and fry until browned. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and fresh tomato and sauté until soft.
- Add tomato paste, Spur BBQ Sauce, Spur Texas Steak Spice and basil.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve warm on French toast or any other bread.
- Double or even triple this recipe to make a bulk cook that will last the week in other yummy guises.