A PORTUGUESE PUB FAVOURITE, THIS CLASSIC
SANDWICH COMBINES FRESH BREAD WITH A
SAUCY STEAK FOR A QUICK, FUSS-FREE MEAL.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 250 g (about 4) rare cooked steak slices
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Peri-Peri Sauce or Spur Durky Sauce
- Spur Seasoning Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ± 10 ml (2 tsp) cake flour, to thicken
- 4 Portuguese rolls
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add beef slices and onion and fry lightly for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice, Spur Peri-Peri Sauce, Spur Seasoning Salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. If needed, thicken sauce with a paste of 15 ml (1 Tbsp) flour and a little water.
- Serve beef slices with sauce on Portuguese rolls or any other bread rolls of choice.