AN INSTANT FAVOURITE WITH KIDS AND
ADULTS ALIKE – THE MINI BURGER IS AN IDEAL
LUNCHBOX TREAT, PICNIC STAPLE OR ANYTIME SNACK.
- 1 slice white or brown bread
- 80 ml (? cup) Spur BBQ Sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) chopped, fresh thyme or 15 ml (1 Tbsp) dried thyme
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g lean beef mince
- Cooking oil, for shallow frying
- 12 mini bread rolls
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 100 g cheddar cheese, cut into slices
- 12 small wooden skewers
- Soak bread in Spur BBQ Sauce. Mix together with remaining patty ingredients and shape into 12 mini patties.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan and fry patties for 4–5 minutes on each side or until done. Drain on paper towel. Baste patties with extra Spur BBQ Sauce.
- To assemble, cut rolls in half. Layer lettuce, tomato, cheese and patties onto the base of each roll. Close with top of rolls and secure rolls with wooden skewers.