Super simple and quick – a scrumtious meal gauranteed to be a family favourite.
- About 700g fresh hake fillets
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cake flour
- 3ml (1/2 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 3ml (1/2 tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri-Peri Seasoning
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cooking oil
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 200ml (1 sachet) Spur Pepper Sauce
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) milk
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh thyme or dill
- Rinse fish in cold water if preferred.
- Dip fish in mixture of cake flour, Spur Seasoning Salt and Spur Lemon & Peri-Peri Seasoning.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Add fish (flesh side down first), fry lightly and add Spur Durky Sauce.
- Turn and fry on other side, until golden brown and add thyme.
- Transfer fish to an ovenproof dish.
- Whisk Spur Pepper Sauce and milk together and pour over fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes, garnish with thyme and serve warm.
- Substitute the Spur Pepper Sauce for Spur Cheese Sauce.
- Substitute any other fish of choice, such as hake, for kingklip.
- Garnish with 125g Portobellini button mushrooms, sliced and fried.