Boerewors rolls remain the ultimate favourite, but create your own sauce to make it special.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 500 g boerewors
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Grill Basting or Spur Peri-Peri Sauce
- Soft butter or margarine
- 6 hotdog rolls
- Heat oil in pan and fry boerewors until golden brown. Set aside and drain excess oil.
- Add onions to pan and sauté until soft. Add tomatoes and Spur Grill Basting and simmer until tomatoes soften.
- Cut rolls and spread butter inside, add boerewors and top with sauce. Drizzle with Spur Salad & French Fry or Sweet Chilli Dressing, if preferred.
- The boerewors can be substituted with vegetarian sausages.