THESE VEGETABLE MUFFINS ARE DELICIOUS AND THE PERFECT PICNIC FOOD – YOU WON’T REALISE THEY’RE WHEAT-FREE! CHANGE THE VEGGIES TO WHATEVER YOU PREFER.
- 250 ml (1 cup) gluten-free wheat or rice flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cornflour
- 7 ml (1½ tsp) baking powder
- ½ tsp Spur Texas Steak Spice
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 200 ml (1 sachet) Spur Pepper or Cheese Sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) cooking oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) milk
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 50 g spinach, finely chopped
- 20 g feta, crumbled
- Butter, for serving
- Place paper cups into a 12-cup muffin tray.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and Spur Seasoning Salt together.
- Mix eggs, Spur Pepper Sauce, oil and milk together. Add the chopped onion and spinach. Add to the dry ingredients and mix gently to form a batter.
- Spoon into paper cups and sprinkle with crumbled feta.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20–30 minutes, depending on size. Serve warm with butter.
- Substitute spinach with 40 g sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped and soaked in 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Durky Sauce and 5 ml (1 tsp) sugar.
- Add 60 ml (¼ cup) grated cheddar.