The mushroom and tomato pâté is delicious, but you can substitute any dip or filling of your choice.
MUSHROOM AND TOMATO PÂTÉ
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 125 g button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 15 g (about 8) sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 125 g cream cheese or smooth cottage cheese
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or 5 ml (1 tsp) dried
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur BBQ Sauce
- Heat oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and sauté. Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes until soft. Remove from heat.
- Place in a food processor with remaining ingredients and blitz to a slightly coarse texture.
- Use a potato peeler to cut long, thin strips of cucumber lengthways.
- Spread filling onto each strip, roll and secure with toothpicks. Serve immediately.