This quiche tastes as good as it looks! With the mouth-watering bacon and veggies, it offers the entire deal!
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 200 g rindless, streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Sweet’n Sticky Marinade
- 200 g cherry tomoatoes, cut in half
- 200 ml (1 sachet) Spur Cheese or Spur Cheddamelt Sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh mixed herbs or 10 ml (2 tsp) dried
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Steakhouse Seasoning
- Chopped fresh thyme to garnish
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and Spur Durky Sauce and sauté until soft. Add bacon and fry until cooked.
- Add Spur Sweet’n Sticky Marinade and tomatoes, and heat through for a few minutes. Spoon onto base of a greased 24 cm ovenproof dish.
- Whisk together the Spur Cheese Sauce, milk, eggs, herbs, Spur Seasoning Salt and Steakhouse Seasoning.
- Pour over bacon and tomato base in dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 160 °C for about 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Serve warm and garnish with thyme or any other herbs.
- Substitute any other sausage or sliced ham for the bacon.
- Substitute large quiche by making 6 – 8 mini quiches, depending on size.