A DELICIOUS PANTRY STAPLE CRAMMED FULL OF
HEART-HEALTHY GRAINS AND SEEDS. SIMPLY SLICE
- 375 ml (1½ cups) cake flour
- 375 ml (1½ cups) wholewheat flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 125 ml (½ cup) light brown sugar
- 125 ml ½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 75 g seedless raisins or sultanas
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 300 ml milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cooking oil
- Extra pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds, for sprinkling on top
- Sift flours and baking powder together and add bran left behind in sieve after sifting. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Whisk eggs, Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing, milk and oil together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix well and turn out into a greased 22.5 cm loaf pan. Sprinkle with extra seeds for topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40–50 minutes. Leave in the pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use slices for sandwiches, filled or topped with lettuce, ham, cheese and garnish of choice.
- If you prefer a more savoury flavoured bread, substitute raisins with 50 g chopped sun-dried tomatoes or chopped olives.