Creamy and delicious, this dish is perfect for vegetarians looking for a carb fix without the hassle. Whip this up in 10 minutes and enjoy!
- 150 g tagliatelle pasta
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 100 g fresh asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 125 g button or portobellini mushrooms, quartered
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Spur Peri-Peri Sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh thyme or 10 ml (2 tsp) dried
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Boil pasta with salt until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Sauté onion lightly with Spur Durky Sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms and lightly heat through for a few minutes.
- Add Spur Peri-Peri Sauce, cream, thyme, Spur Seasoning Salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, add pasta and heat through. Serve warm with Parmesan shavings and garnish with more thyme.
- Add 80 g Chorizo sausage, sliced.
- Substitute tagliatelle with any other pasta of choice.