SMALL LITTLE BUNDLES OF FRAGRANT FUN THAT
PACK A DELIGHTFUL PUNCH.
- 200 ml (¾ cup) cake flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Spur Chicken Spice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 80 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 125 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten
- 100 ml Spur Durky Sauce
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- Sift flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper together. Add Spur Chicken Spice and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan, add onion and sauté until soft. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Add feta.
- Add spinach and feta mixture to the dry ingredients and mix through. Combine beaten egg and Spur Durky Sauce, add to spinach mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture into hot oil and deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with Spur Sweet Chilli Sauce to dip.