Succulent and tender beef strips with mushrooms and onions smothered in rich Spur sauces. Such a treat!
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the beef until golden brown. Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the Spur Durky Sauce, Spur Steak Sauce, water, Spur Seasoning Salt, Spur Steakhouse Seasoning and parsley, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add Spur Mushroom Sauce and fresh mushrooms and simmer for another 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in the sour cream and simmer for a few minutes more. If needed, thicken the sauce with cornflour and water.
- Garnish with more parsley and serve with pasta, noodles or rice.
- Change from the traditional stroganoff and top with a layer of pastry to make a pie.
- Substitute fresh thyme for parsley.