Succulent and tender beef strips with mushrooms and onions smothered in rich Spur sauces. Such a treat!
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- About 800g beef, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) Spur Steak Sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 5ml (1 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 2ml (½ tsp) Spur Steakhouse Seasoning
- 10ml (2 tsp) chopped fresh parsley or 3 ml (½ tsp) dried
- 400g (2 sachets) Spur Mushroom Sauce
- 250g Portobellini button mushrooms, quartered
- 125ml (½ cup) sour cream
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the beef until golden brown. Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the Spur Durky Sauce, Spur Steak Sauce, water, Spur Seasoning Salt, Spur Steakhouse Seasoning and parsley, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add Spur Mushroom Sauce and fresh mushrooms and simmer for another 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in the sour cream and simmer for a few minutes more. If needed, thicken the sauce with cornflour and water.
- Garnish with more parsley and serve with pasta, noodles or rice.
- Change from the traditional stroganoff and top with a layer of pastry to make a pie.
- Substitute fresh thyme for parsley.