Beef cubes simmered in a rich, flavourful sauce and spices. A classic that will never go out of style!
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- About 800g beef goulash cubes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) Spur Hickory Basting
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 10ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) Spur Seasoning Salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) Spur Texas Steak Seasoning
- 125ml (½ cup) sour cream, optional
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the beef until golden brown.
- Add onions and pepper and sauté until soft.
- Add Spur Durky Sauce, Spur Hickory Basting, water, tomato, tomato paste, sugar and Spur Seasoning Salt and Spur Texas Steak Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beef starts getting tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Stir in the sour cream and simmer for a further 20 – 30 minutes.
- If needed, thicken the sauce with a little cornflour and water.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with potatoes or pasta.
- Substitute 250g (about 10) pickled onions for the onion.
- Substitute ½ can chopped tomatoes for the tomato.
- Add 200ml (1 sachet) Spur Pepper or Spur Cheddamelt Sauce.