A TANTALISING TART FIT FOR ANY OCCASION.
- 250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Steakhouse Spice
- 80 g butter or margarine
- 200 ml (¾ cup) sachet Spur Pepper Sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 420 g can asparagus, drained
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped, fresh origanum
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sift flour and add Spur Steakhouse Spice. Rub butter in with fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir Spur Pepper Sauce through and add black pepper. Press into greased 24 cm tart pan.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and sauté onions for 2 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Spoon onions and asparagus onto pastry base. Whisk eggs, sour cream, origanum and pepper together and pour over the filling.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes or until set and starting to brown. Serve warm or cold with a salad of choice.