- Combine milk and water in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add fish and poach until cooked. Drain and cool slightly.
- Boil potatoes in salted water in a medium, heavy-based saucepan until soft. Drain, add butter, and mash until creamy and fluffy. Add breadcrumbs, Spur Durky Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, mint, seasoning, pepper and mix well.
- Flake fish fillets and add to potato mixture. Roll mixture into medium-sized balls and flatten slightly. Place in fridge for about 20 minutes to chill before crumbing.
- Roll fish cakes in flour, then dip into beaten eggs and lastly roll in the breadcrumbs. Place o?nto a baking tray and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow crumbs to set.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Gently fry in hot oil until golden brown o?n both sides. Remove from oil and drain o?n paper towel. Serve with Spur Sweet Chilli Dressing and lemon slices.
Quick Tartare Sauce
- Substitute hake with 2 x 170 g cans of tuna or 2 x 212 g cans of salmon.
- Add 100 g green peas and substitute the mint with thyme, if preferred.
Mix 200 ml (¾ cup) Spur Salad Dressing with 1 egg, boiled and chopped, 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley and ½ small chopped o?nion.