A SIMPLE, NO-FUSS DISH BURSTING WITH
FLAVOUR – THIS POCKET-FRIENDLY MEAL CAN
BE ENJOYED BOTH AS A STARTER OR AS A FULL MEAL.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 500 g chicken livers, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cake flour
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Spur Chicken Spice
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Durky Sauce
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pineapple, peeled and cut into quarters
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) light brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh, chopped mixed herbs, for garnishing
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Mix chicken livers with the flour. Add to pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Add onion and continue to fry. Add more oil if required. Add Spur Chicken Spice, Spur Durky Sauce, tomatoes, pineapple, sugar and pepper and fry lightly for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with pita breads.