THE COARSE CORNFLAKE COATING MAKES FOR
A DELICIOUSLY CRISPY, BITE-SIZED TREAT – THE
KIDS WILL LOVE IT!
SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
- 560 ml (2¼ cups) cornflakes, crushed
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Spur Chicken Spice or Spur Seasoning Salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped fresh parsley or 3 ml (½ tsp) dried parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (380 g) chicken breast fillets, each cut into 8 strips
- 80 ml (? cup) cake flour
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Salad & French Fry Dressing
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Spur Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Mix the cornflakes, Spur Chicken Spice, parsley and pepper together.
- Roll chicken strips in the flour, then dip in egg until coated, then coat in cornflake mixture. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to prevent the crumbs from falling off when frying.
- Mix sweet chilli sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Bake the strips at 200°C for 15 minutes. Serve warm with sauce to dip.
- For a healthy alternative bake the chicken strips in the oven.