A DELICIOUS, CREAMY PÂTÉ — RICH IN FLAVOUR
AND BEST ENJOYED AS A CANAPÉ OR SNACK WITH
A BISCUIT OF YOUR CHOICE.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 125 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 15 g sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 125 g cream cheese or smooth cottage cheese
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped, fresh parsley
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Spur BBQ Sauce
- Heat oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and sauté slightly until soft. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes until soft.
- Remove from heat. Add the sugar, breadcrumbs, cream cheese, parsley and Spur BBQ Sauce. Blitz the ingredients together in a food processor until a slightly coarse texture.
- Spoon into small ramekins and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve with Cheese & Herb Bread, Melba toast, crackers or health bread.